Northern Virginia Speech and Language Services
I don't know if my child has a delay, but I'm a bit worried. What should I do?

As children grow and develop, some speech and language errors are considered typical while others may be cause for concern. If you are concerned about your child's communicative development, consider a brief phone consultation or evaluation. You may also want to reference the ASHA website for developmental speech milestones here.

What services do you provide?
  • Speech-language therapy
  • Social skills groups
  • Conversation groups for children with auditory processing disorder
  • Conversation groups for children with apraxia and articulation disorders 
  • Consultations (see below)
  • Parent education sessions
  • Speech-language evaluations
  • One-time consultations for events such as IEP planning

What populations do you serve?
  • Expressive and / or receptive language delays
  • Articulation disorders
  • Apraxia or motor speech disorders
  • Auditory processing disorders
  • Communication deficits related to learning disability or ADHD
  • Autism spectrum disorders and developmental delays

How does billing for each session work?

Typically, sessions are one hour long and take place in your home. Half hour, forty five minute, and every-other-week sessions are also available. Please contact NVSLS for current rates. 

NVSLS does not bill insurance but will provide invoices, codes, and reports as needed in order for families to submit claims. For information on your coverage, please contact your insurance provider and ask for information regarding speech therapy coverage provided by an 'Out of Network' therapist.

Please note, some insurance plans may provide increased coverage for an Out of Network provider if families can provide proof that no In Network providers are available within a certain distance. Please call your insurance carrier for details regarding your plan.

Do I need an evaluation before beginning services?

In order to keep costs down for families, an evaluation is not necessary if you are able to provide a recent evaluation conducted by a certified speech language pathologist, audiologist, school system, psychologist, or physician. Evaluation reports must document a speech-language disorder and the nature of this disorder.

Do you provide consultations? 

Yes, services can be provided on a consultative basis. This may be helpful if you need speech specific suggestions for another program, such as an ABA program or Floortime program. 
Web Hosting Companies